|作者：||Sub-Committee on Cotton|
WTO Launch of World Cotton Day (WCD) – 7 October 2019
1. On 7 October 2019, the WTO hosted the launch of World Cotton Day (WCD) to showcase the contributions derived from cotton by economies worldwide. The event offered a unique opportunity for participants from around the world to: (i) establish networks; (ii) keep abreast of the latest developments on cotton production and trade; and (iii) discuss cotton-related challenges from national, regional and international perspectives, including for the most impoverished regions of the world.
2. The WCD launch event was organized at the request of the Cotton-4 (Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad and Mali), to support their draft UN Resolution for an annual day to celebrate the importance of cotton as a global commodity.
3. The launch event was organized by the WTO Secretariat, in collaboration with the Secretariats of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO); the International Trade Centre (ITC); the United Nations Conference for Trade and Development (UNCTAD); and the International Cotton Advisory Committee (ICAC).
4. WTO Deputy Director-General Alan Wm. Wolff chaired WTO internal preparations and the cross‑divisional task force group created for the event.
5. The launch event at the WTO was attended by over 800 participants, including eight Ministers from seven WTO Members, high-level officials, heads of international organizations, Geneva-based delegates and the global cotton community - national growers associations, traders, inspection services providers, cotton promoters, development assistance partners, scientists, scholars, retailers, brand representatives, and the private sector.
 The co-authors of the 2003 WTO Sectorial Initiative on Cotton.
 Administration and General Services Division; Agriculture and Commodities Division; Council and TNC Division; Information and External Relations Division; Institute for Training and Technical Cooperation; Languages, Documentation and Information Management Division; Office of Deputy Director-General Wolff; Office of the Director-General.
 From Angola, Benin, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Chad, India (who donated a cotton spinning wheel, also known as charkha, to the WTO to mark the occasion) and Mali.